Velvet Revolver - New Single

Tuesday 12 December 2006

Pink @ Wembley Arena - 4/12/2006

I have just started this blog, so things are not going to be in order for the next couple of weeks.

My brother in-law, Luke and I went to see Pink. We bought the tickets a few months ago and because we had been to The Killers the week before and because I saw Evanescence the week before that, we were not really in the mood. We got off at Wembley station and found our way down the stairs. As always there were touts selling tickets at rediculous prices and as a joke we told one tout that we wanted to sell. Which was not a total lie, we were thinking about it. He offered us£10 each, I said £30. He then offered us £20, I said £30. He then offered us £30 each and Luke kept saying that he wanted to go. Loser! The tout then asked what kind of man was I that I didn't want to sell the tickets. (harsh but fair) We had to laugh. We started walking and the tout screamed £80 for the both, we contemplated selling them, but we decided that we might as well go as we travelled all the way, andd Luke really wanted to go. Gotta keep the pink fans happy. So we went.

Everything was pink, the outside of the venue, the water, lights, everything was pink. Luke was loving it. We got inside, bought some drinks, went into the hall and an anouncer came in saying that this was officially the largest indoor gay event in history. (and we were part of it)

We felt uncomfortable at first, Faye was, I would assume, in hysterics at home. There are no such things as PlayMate lesbians, for the record. They are not all hot. Some of them were bigger than Luke, which is not hard. The guys look normal, but the woman look like guys. Who knows..

Anyway Pink finally came on. Played all her well known songs, Just like a pill, Who knew, Dear Mr President, U and Ur hand, Stupid girls, family portrait, Don't let me get me, 18 wheeler and Lady Marmelade. Luke will know the rest.

Anyway, shes a great performer and overall a great concert

Attendants: Me, Luke

No comments: